White Rim Side Roads

MVS

I am taking three days in March to do the White Rim and wonder if anyone knows of interesting side roads along this route. I already plan to do Lathrop Canyon and Taylor Canyon, but wonder if anyone knows of anything not on official maps, or do you know where there is a map / listing of these side roads? Any other ideas about how go make the most of this trip also appreciated.

The White Rim is in Canyonlands National Park and all the roads you can legally drive on are on the official map. Besides Lathrop and Taylor there is the short spur to the White Crack.

Hiking
The White Rim is in Canyonlands National Park and all the roads you can legally drive on are on the official map. Besides Lathrop and Taylor there is the short spur to the White Crack.

So I take it that other roads are illegal to drive on, is that correct?

Hiking

So I take it that other roads are illegal to drive on, is that correct?

There aren't really any other roads in the Park that are still open. You might see an old faint mining track in places, but they are all closed off and have been for a long time.

As far as making the most of your trip, definitely take you time and enjoy it! Lots of great views all along the road!

Make sure to stop and take the short hikes from the road:

- Gooseneck Trail
- Walking Rocks
- Musselman Arch
- Drive out to White Crack and explore the area a bit.
- I enjoy hiking along the rim of Murphy Hogback and usually camp up there one night.
- Holeman Slot Canyon
- Fort Bottom Ruin

http://adventr.co/2014/09/the-white-rim/

Back