Album The members of backcountrypost.com

IMG_7276.jpg

Philippe.jpg

Despite this picture, I have never been interested in fire arms and I never held even one of them in my hands (in France it is forbidden unless you have a permit). During my last trip in Utah, I parked in a remote place (to hike Egg Canyon) and I was surprised to find there several guys (father and sons) shooting with some western style firearms. They were also surprised to meet somebody there, especially a foreigner, but they were very friendly and they offered me to try some shots. I tried with this single action Colt (the same one that used John Wayne, they told me), it was harder than I thought and I was not good. Then, I had better results when I shot with a Winchester. This Western experience in the wilderness with friendly locals made for a nice memory from his trip.

View attachment 1875

Despite this picture, I have never been interested in fire arms and I never had even one of them in my hands (in France it is forbidden unless you have a permit). During my last trip in Utah, I parked in a remote place (to hike Egg Canyon) and I was surprised to find there several guys (father and sons) shooting with some western style firearms. They were also surprised to meet somebody there, especially a foreigner, but they were very friendly and they offered me to try some shots. I tried with this single action Colt (the same one that used John Wayne, they told me), it was harder than I thought and I was not good. Then, I had better results when I shot with the Winchester. This Western experience in the wilderness with friendly locals made for a nice memory from his trip.

Cool! That reminds me of a trip I took last year with lostlandscapes (Tim) and wanderinfinn (Jake). I'm not into guns either, but Jake had brought a big hand gun that was quite western style like that if I recall. But he had only brought TWO bullets! Tim meanwhile, had never shot a gun in his life, he may have never even held one before, I can't recall now. Anyway, we set a beer can out on the edge of the rocks and Tim put on some motorcycle boots and a sort of cowboy hat for authenticity. He held a bottle of whiskey in one hand and the gun in the other. When we started filming, he took a big drink off the whiskey and raised and took one shot at that can and nailed it! First time ever shooting a gun AND we had already had more than few beers at this point! :lol: Then of course I got to use the second bullet and failed miserably. :(

Here's the video of it and I guess you can think of this as the photo of lostlandscapes for this thread. :)

Boy I wish that we had kept filming the reaction after that shot! :lol:

6187763344_7ca088361b_b.jpg

Cool! That reminds me of a trip I took last year with lostlandscapes (Tim) and wanderinfinn (Jake). When we started filming, he took a big drink off the whiskey and raised and took one shot at that can and nailed it! First time ever shooting a gun AND we had already had more than few beers at this point! :lol:

Tim was really excellent, especially as a beginner with the can quite far away. Next time, I wonder if I will follow his example, drinking several beers and some whiskey before shooting, to hope for better results :)

Back